As a management tool, the 9S methodology strives to increase productivity while improving the quality of the workplace. In this guide, we cover all the contents of 9S methodology.
Seiri is to clean up the chaotic scene into an orderly state. 9s management system is to improve the physique of the whole enterprise, and sorting is also to improve the physique of the enterprise. Therefore, there is no need to equip anything useless in the workplace. In other words, first judge those unnecessary things, and then throw them away. Therefore, the arrangement of the factory:
1) First, distinguish between what is necessary and what is unnecessary.
2) Discard unnecessary things.
3) Put the necessary things in order.
Seiton is to put the scattered things in order. The aim is to find the necessary things quickly when necessary. Consolidation is a step deeper than consolidation:
1) Can be quickly removed.
2) Can be used immediately.
3) In a state of economization.
Seiso is to remove garbage, dirt, foreign matters, etc. and clean the workplace. When the factory implements the 9s campaign, the cleaning objects are:
1) Floors, ceilings, walls, tool racks, cabinets, etc.
2) Machines, tools, measuring instruments, etc.
Seiketsu is to keep the workplace free of dirt and in a very clean state, that is, to keep the cleaned state all the time.
– As the product matures, the cost tends to be stable. Under the same quality, the lower the cost, the stronger the product competitiveness and the possibility of survival. Through saving activities, we can reduce all kinds of waste, reluctance and imbalance, improve efficiency, and achieve cost optimization.
– The implementation of saving activities can avoid the waste of space and improve the utilization rate; Reduce inventory of items; Reduce defective products; Reduce action waste and improve operation efficiency; Reduce failures and improve equipment operation efficiency.
– Saving activities can reduce the stock in stock, eliminate excess products, and avoid excessive parts, semi-finished products, and finished products in stock;
– Avoid excess warehouse, shelf and ceiling; Avoid excessive handling tools such as pallet, trolley and forklift;
– Avoid purchasing unnecessary machines and equipment; Avoid waste caused by actions such as “seeking”, “waiting” and “avoiding”; Eliminate actions that have no added value, such as “picking up”, “putting down”, “counting” and “carrying”;
– Avoid unnecessary stationery, desks, chairs and other office equipment. All these can reduce the cost of enterprises and improve the operating efficiency of enterprises.
Safety activities refer to all measures and activities taken to ensure that the labor process is carried out under the material conditions and work order that meet the safety requirements, prevent casualty accidents, equipment accidents and various disasters, and ensure the safety and health of workers and the normal operation of production and labor process.
Thoroughly implement safety activities at the operation site, so that employees can form a habit of using electricity safely, ensuring that the fire passage is unblocked, wearing safety helmets, and complying with the key points of moving goods. If a regular operation site is established, the number of safety accidents will be greatly reduced.
Clean place, orderly arrangement of goods and smooth passage can well avoid accidents. The purpose of safety activities also lies in the training of employees. Employees have established a self-discipline mentality and developed a serious attitude towards work, which will greatly reduce safety accidents caused by careless work.
After carrying out safety activities, passages and rest places will not be occupied; Safety factors are taken into account in the placement, handling method and stowage height of articles; The workplace is safe and bright, making the logistics clear at a glance; People and vehicles are separated and the passage is unblocked; “Danger”, “attention” and other warnings are clear; Employees use protective equipment correctly and will not work against rules; All equipment shall be cleaned and overhauled, and problems can be found in advance, so as to eliminate potential safety hazards; The location and escape route of fire-fighting facilities, equipment and fire extinguishers are clear. In case of fire or earthquake, the life safety of employees is guaranteed.
Service means always thinking from the standpoint of customers and trying to meet customer requirements. As an enterprise, service awareness must be regarded as the basic quality requirements of its employees, and every employee must also establish their own service awareness. Many enterprises attach great importance to the service awareness of external customers, but ignore the service to internal customers. They even think that they are colleagues and talk about service. In 9s activities, especially in factory management, attention should be paid to the services of internal customers.
Service is not what you say to the customer, but what you really do to the customer. You should go deep into all aspects of the enterprise. Let them accept the idea that the customer is God from the heart and practice it instead of just saying it.
What is satisfaction?
Satisfaction refers to the state that customers feel their needs are met after receiving tangible products and intangible services. Full year activity means that the enterprise carries out a series of activities to satisfy all interested parties.
– Investor satisfaction: Through 9s, the enterprise can reach a higher level of production and management, and investors can obtain greater profits and returns.
– Customer satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is characterized by high quality, low cost, accurate delivery time, high technical level and high production flexibility.
– Employee satisfaction: The benefits are good, the employees are well-off, and the humanized management enables each employee to obtain safety, respect and a sense of achievement; A clear workplace, without waste, reluctance, imbalance and other drawbacks; Bright, clean, dust-free and garbage free workplaces make people happy and will not make people tired and worried; Everyone makes improvements by themselves. Employees will be proud to work in a dynamic and first-class environment.
– Social satisfaction: Enterprises with many districts have made outstanding contributions, are enthusiastic about public undertakings and support environmental protection. Such enterprises will have a good social image.
Content of satisfaction
1) Horizontal level
① Satisfaction with the enterprise’s Philosophy – the satisfaction brought by the enterprise’s business philosophy to internal and external customers, including satisfaction with the business purpose, business philosophy and business values.
② Behavior satisfaction – the satisfaction brought to internal and external customers by all the operating conditions of the enterprise, including behavior mechanism satisfaction, behavior rule satisfaction and behavior mode satisfaction.
③ Audio visual satisfaction – the satisfaction of the external image of the enterprise with visibility and audibility to internal and external customers, including the satisfaction of the enterprise logo (name and pattern), the satisfaction of the standard word, the satisfaction of the standard color, and the satisfaction of the application system of the above three basic elements.
④ Product satisfaction – the satisfaction that the enterprise’s products bring to internal and external customers, including product quality satisfaction, product function satisfaction, product design satisfaction, product packaging satisfaction, product grade satisfaction and product price satisfaction.
⑤ Service satisfaction refers to the satisfaction brought by enterprise services to internal and external customers, including performance satisfaction, assurance system satisfaction, service integrity and convenience satisfaction, as well as emotional and environmental satisfaction.
2) Vertical level
At the vertical level, customer satisfaction includes the following three levels of satisfaction.
① Material satisfaction level – the core level of customers’ satisfaction with enterprise products, such as product quality, function, design or brand.
② Spiritual satisfaction level – customers’ satisfaction with the form and extension of enterprise products, such as product appearance, color, decoration, taste and service.
③ Social satisfaction level – the social benefit maintenance procedure experienced by customers in the process of consuming enterprise products and services, mainly refers to the social satisfaction procedure of customers as a whole.
Shitsuke is to do well in both appearance and etiquette, strictly abide by the regulations on the implementation of 9s sports by the enterprise, and achieve: develop good 9s sports habits.
Shitsuke is the core of “9s” activities. Without the improvement of personnel quality, all activities cannot be carried out smoothly, and even if they are carried out, they cannot be adhered to.