What Is Article Inspection
FAI is one of the most important parts of the manufacturing process. It refers to the first article inspection. The first sample produced after the mold development is completed is the first article. Three dimensional measurement of the first article refers to the first article inspection. With a focus on product quality, many buyers require parts to adhere to strict guidelines and within specific tolerances to ensure consistency in their products. Likewise, suppliers with outbound materials going to multiple buyers often need verification on the front end of the transaction to ensure no problems arise down the line.
Why Is First Article Inspection So Important
In the design and production process of any product, there are often design changes, process changes, process adjustments, unplanned line stops, production changes, line changes and other activities. In order to ensure that these activities will not affect the subsequent production quality, the first article inspection is required in the verification stage of operation preparation and after shutdown.
Purpose Of First Article Inspection & Why Choose FAI Service
- The first article inspection in the production process is mainly to prevent products from batch out of tolerance, repair and scrapping. It is a means of pre controlling the product production process, an important method of product process quality control, and an effective and essential method for enterprises to ensure product quality and improve economic benefits.
- First article inspection is to find out the factors affecting product quality in the production process as soon as possible and prevent batch defects or scrapping.
- Formal production can be started only after the first article is inspected as qualified, mainly to prevent the occurrence of batch nonconforming products.
Best First Article Inspection Service Company
Whether you need to inspect incoming components from a supplier, or are verifying parts from your own production process, Ipqcco can offer quality inspection services to verify components be confidently manufactured. Our team utilizes state of the art equipment to determine specification adherence on a variety of items. As a third-party first article inspection provider, Ipqcco offers the reporting you need from precision measurement professionals you can trust.
Why Choose Ipqcco For First Article Inspections?
- Our first article inspections are conducted by experienced, skilled professionals who have passion for quality.
- Our ASME, GD&T, and AUKOM Certified Metrologists have years of experience in identifying the most appropriate solutions for your project requirements.
- Our Metrologists are among the most highly educated and trained professionals in the industry, required to attend a rigorous training schedule.
- Powerful, easy-to-read PPAP and FAI reports are produced by us, and they can be tailored to your specific reporting requirements.
- We have experience working with a variety of industries like aerospace and defense organizations as well as medical and automotive industries.
Contact us today to discuss your project!