An automobile is a hybrid complex system that is composed of a huge number of parts, each playing its own unique role in the whole car. However, similar to other components, quality control, and inspection is essential for the car parts after manufacturing to ensure their quality and function. So let’s see what automotive parts need to be inspected and what tests are included.
Types of Automotive Parts
The quality of car parts matters directly to safety. It is necessary to ensure their performance. The auto parts are mainly composed of the following eight sections.
- Automobile steering system parts: kingpin, steering gear, knuckle, ball pin
- Vehicle traveling system parts: rear axle, air suspension system, balance weight, steel plate.
- Auto electrical instrument parts: sensors, auto lamps, spark plugs, batteries.
- Automobile lamps: decorative lamps, ceiling lamps, headlamps, and searchlights.
- Auto-refitted parts: tire pump, car roof box, car roof frame, electric winch.
- Engine parts: engine, engine assembly, throttle body, cylinder block, tensioner.
- Transmission parts: clutch, transmission, shift lever assembly, reducer, magnetic materials.
- Brake system parts: brake master cylinder, brake wheel cylinder, brake assembly, brake pedal assembly, compressor, brake disc, and brake drum.
Inspections and Tests of Automotive Metal & Polymer Parts
The automotive parts are generally made up of metal and polymer materials, both of which need to be inspected.
Inspection types of metal car parts:
- Mechanical property test: tensile test, bending test, hardness test, impact test
- Component test: qualitative and quantitative analysis of components, trace element analysis
- Structural analysis: metallographic analysis, nondestructive testing, coating analysis
- Dimension measurement: CMM measurement, projector measurement, precision caliper measurement
Inspection types of automotive polymer parts:
- Physical property test: tensile test (including normal temperature and high and low temperature), bending test (including normal temperature and high and low temperature), impact test (including normal temperature and high and low temperature), hardness, haze, tear strength
- Thermal performance test: glass transition temperature, melt index, Vicat temperature softening point, low-temperature embrittlement temperature, melting point, thermal expansion coefficient, and thermal conductivity.
- Electrical property test of rubber and plastic: surface resistance, dielectric constant, dielectric loss, dielectric strength, volume resistivity, withstand voltage, breakdown voltage.
- Combustion performance test: vertical combustion test, horizontal combustion test, 45 ° angle combustion test, FFVSS 302, ISO 3975, and other standards.
- Qualitative analysis of material composition: Fourier infrared spectroscopy, etc.
IPQCCO.COM is providing quality inspection services and quality control for various industries including the automotive, to achieve or exceed your requirements of product quality, safety, durability, and reliability.