September 19, 2022 at 8:17 am #2276Wu FeiyuParticipant
We all know that a thickness gauge is an instrument used to measure data and object thickness. It is often used in industrial production to measure the thickness of products intermittently or by sampling (such as steel plate, steel strip, film, paper, foil, etc.). No application in this type of instrument α Ray β Ray γ Spraying thickness gauge with ray penetration characteristics; Ultrasonic thickness gauge without ultrasonic frequency variation; Eddy current thickness gauge without eddy current principle; There is no thickness gauge with mechanical contact measuring principle.
Thickness gauges are divided into two categories, one is contact type, the other is non-contact type. The contact thickness gauge can be divided into point contact thickness gauge and surface contact thickness gauge according to the size of contact area; The non-contact thickness gauge can be divided into the following types according to its different testing principles: laser thickness gauge, ultrasonic thickness gauge, coating thickness gauge and electrolytic thickness gauge. Now let’s understand what needs attention in the application process.
Precautions for thickness gauge measurement:
1. When stopping the test, it should be noted that the metal magnetism and surface roughness of the specification sheet should be similar to that of the test piece.
2. The side head shall be perpendicular to the surface of the sample during measurement.
3. Pay attention to the critical thickness of the base metal when measuring. If it is greater than this thickness, the measurement will not be affected by the thickness of the base metal.
4. Pay attention to the influence of the curvature of the test piece on the measurement. Therefore, it is not reliable to measure on the surface of the bent test piece.
5. Before measurement, pay attention to whether magnetic field will occur in other electrical facilities around. If so, magnetic thickness measurement method will be disturbed.
6. Pay attention not to measure at the inner corner and close to the edge of the test piece, because the sudden change of the external shape of individual thickness gauge test pieces is very sensitive.
7. When measuring, give up the constant pressure, otherwise the measured reading will be affected.
8. When stopping the test, pay attention to the indirect contact between the measuring head of the instrument and the tested piece, so the ultrasonic thickness gauge removes the adherent material on the opposite side.
- This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Wu Feiyu.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.